Today we’re excited to introduce you to a remarkable feature within the Copyl Integration Platform —Datawatcher. If you’ve ever been puzzled about how to effectively monitor your data and kickstart workflows based on those changes, then Datawatcher is your new best friend.
How It Works
Datawatcher is executed whenever an action it is associated with gets executed in the Copyl Integration Platform. This can be a manual call, a scheduled call, or even an entire integration that uses the action.
Setting up Datawatcher
Setting up Datawatcher is straightforward. All you need to do is link it with the relevant action within the Copyl Integration Platform and configure its modes and thresholds.
Features and Modes
Datawatcher has two main modes:
- Look for Changes: Triggered when the data changes.
- Look for When Data Doesn’t Change: Triggered when data remains the same.
You can set a threshold for when Datawatcher checks for changes. The format is either ‘[n]h’ or ‘[n]d’ where ‘n’ is a number, and ‘h’ or ‘d’ stands for hours or days, respectively. For example, ‘2h’ means Datawatcher will only check if at least 2 hours have passed since the last update.
Examples and Use-cases
Here are some practical examples:
- Inventory Management: If you’re in eCommerce, you can set Datawatcher to ‘Look for Changes’ in your inventory levels. If a particular item’s stock goes below a certain level, it can trigger an automated re-order.
- KPI Monitoring: Set Datawatcher to ‘Look for When Data Doesn’t Change’ on key performance indicators. If your website’s daily visitors haven’t increased in ‘2d’, you can trigger an alert to review your marketing strategies.
- Home Care Planning: If patient vital signs or needs haven’t been updated within ‘4h’, trigger an alert to medical staff to ensure everything is fine.
Datawatcher adds another layer of intelligence and automation to your workflows. With its easy setup and robust capabilities, it’s designed to make your life simpler and more efficient.